Massage therapy is the physical manipulation of the body. It should be done by a well experienced physician. It can be carried out either with or without medicated oil application. The manipulation should be employed with accurate amount of force and on correct postures.
Various techniques used are :
- Drawing or pulling
- Holding the hands in a particular manner
PREPARATION FOR A MASSAGE
- Wear loose comfortable dress.
- Avoid jewelleries which irritates body during massage.
- Before you step in for any type of massage eat lightly one hour before.
- An empty stomach won’t allow you to focus on good effects of massage and full stomach will be painful to lie on.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking and other heavy drugs before going for a massage
- Try to relax. It will help you to sooth your body after trials of day.
- After the massage, drink few glasses of water, to avoid dehydration and to flush out toxins from the body.
- Avoid heavy intense exercises after massage, instead yoga or light stretching exercises is enough.
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE THERAPY
- It improves the blood supply to different parts of body.
- It nourishes and promotes strength to the muscles.
- It gives shining and healthy appearance to the skin.
- It induces sleep and increases vitality, there it promotes sound mind in a sound body.
SIDE EFFECTS OF MASSAGE THERAPY
Normally massage therapy doesn’t have any side effects. But it should be taken in a proper way, by the advice of a good physician.